In-Person and Telehealth
You don't have to continue suffering. There is hope for positive change.
I want to create a safe space for you to heal from your past, get practical coping skills, find new ways of thinking and behaving, and feel better. Counseling can improve your mood, sense of well-being, relationships, and life satisfaction.
Together we can create a plan to meet your personal therapeutic goals.
These are some of the areas we can focus on in individual counseling
1. Anxiety-stress, worry, overthinking, social nervousness
2. Depression-grief, feeling stuck, low energy, generalized or excessive sadness, mood swings
3. Sexual Abuse Recovery
4. Sexual Concerns & Dysfunctions
5. Relationship issues, boundaries, codependency, intimacy, attachment, past hurts, trust, jealousy
6. Religious Abuse, Spirituality
7. Personality Assessments, Enneagram Coaching
8. LGBTQIA+, gender-nonconforming, transitioning
Resources for Improving Well-Being
What’s Your Personality Type? | An Introduction to the Enneagram
The power of vulnerability | Brené Brown
Listening to shame | Brené Brown
What is depression? - Helen M. Farrell
What is Anxiety?
Trauma and Addiction: Crash Course Psychology #31
OCD and Anxiety Disorders: Crash Course Psychology #29
Depressive and Bipolar Disorders: Crash Course Psychology #30
"I’ve known Valinda for years! She was of great help and counsel during one of the toughest times of my life. She’s gracious, safe, and honest. I still cling to much of her wisdom. I highly recommend her!"