Bright Future Counseling
Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Wa.
Licensed Professional Counselor, Or.
National Certified Counselor
Certified Marriage Counselor
Sexual Health Therapist
For over 20 years, I have had the honor of helping individuals and couples heal, change, and find hope.
With me as your therapist, you can trust that you will be getting quality professional treatment. I meet the highest professional standards of a National Board Certified Counselor. I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) in the state of Washington and a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in Oregon.
I strive to create a safe nonjudgmental space for all types of couples and individuals. My casual style of doing therapy is supportive and effective.
Credentials & Training
Master in Psychology & Professional Counseling
Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) Washington
Member American Psychological Association
Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) Oregon
Certified Pre-marriage and Marriage Counselor Prepare-Enrich
Gottman Institute of Marriage
Emotionally Focused Couples Counseling
Certified Parenting Coach
Sexual Health/Sex therapy
Gender issues and LGBTQIA+
World Professionals of Transgender Health (WPATH)
National Board Certified Counselor
– “I can truly say, counseling with Valinda saved my marriage. I am eternally grateful.” M.T.
– “Valinda is so understanding and helpful. I consider her one of the safest places to be real”. L.S.
– “Mrs. Harlan is a professional and wise therapist. She has a gift for listening and giving insight. I highly recommend Valinda!” J.A.
– “Thank you for helping me get over my sexual issues. I never imagined I would be able to trust anyone again”. Thank you! J.W.
– “It was important to have a counselor with a Christian background. She understood and respected my values. God Bless you for helping our marriage and family!” P.G.
– “Valinda helped me and my family so much. We were in a really bad place, my husband and I were fighting a lot. Our son just came out as gay and we didn’t know how to handle it. She helped our family stay in tack”. T.B.
– “I went to Valinda in a time of my life when most new mothers are full of joy and exhilaration, instead I was stumbling through postpartum depression and shifting my identity from career woman to stay at home mom. She became a constant source of grace and wisdom, offering her parental and marital insight”. V.S.
– “As a queer person, it was nice to have a therapist that supported me and understood my lifestyle. I didn’t have to explain it to her, she just got me. Thanks for helping me come out to my family”. C.S.
Insurance does not cover/pay for couples counseling
No insurance accepted.
Some insurance companies will reimburse out-of-network
providers or add your payment toward your deductible.
Payments accepted: Credit, Debit, Cash, HSA, Venmo, Cash App
Couples & Individuals In-Person or Telehealth
$165 for a 50-minute session